Saturday, May 18, 2013

Five Months


Well Henry Boy, you rolled over.
Straight up!
One second you're on your back, and then !BAM! you're on your tummy. It seriously happened over night too. I woke up next to you one morning, and that sweet little face of yours was hovering over mine as you were miraculously on your belly.
I thought, psh, it's a fluke. But then you did it again. And again. And again.
You're a roller, dude.
(You can kinda scoot, too. Take it easy, k? We're in no hurry for you to grow up.)
I let you try oatmeal this month, and you not only ate three bowls of it in a day, but you would have gladly eaten the spoon too. Anytime I had to refill that spoon, you were piranha-hunting it with your mouth wide open. You're fast, buddy. And you  l o v e  food. You've since had avocado, blueberries, crackers, and strawberries. All that food threw your system for a loop though, and it shut down for a week. No poopy diapers for a week, s i g n  m e  u p! Just kidding. It actually kinda scared me. But as of today it rebooted, and we are back on track :) 
Happy baby, happy mama.
Sometimes when you're playing, I sneak up on you and start saying your name in my crazy-baby-talkin' voice. As soon as you hear me, this beautiful smile spreads across your face and you start to look around to find me. It's kind of like the baby version of hide'n'seek.
Kinda.
You continue to remind me of a little grizzly bear that wants to dunk his head into a bucket of honey. Or blueberries. Or anything edible.
Actually, if you could work on your grizzly growl I may start introducing you as my bear cub.
And I'm considering re-theming your room to the "bear cave."
The current hot air balloons just might come off the walls this week.
Daddy says you've gone from "world explorer" to "w i l d e r n e s s  man."
I like it. My little bear cub.
And you're so cute and sweet and happy and everything I'd hoped my little boy would be.
I squeeze you every day and beg my lucky stars that you'll stay a baby forever.
You've created this special spot in my heart that leaves me feeling  s o  honored to be your mother.
And as much as I truly want you to stay my squishy little baby forever, I know that you need to grow bigger and stronger. 
Because you're a special boy.
And you're going to do special things.
You're my one Henry Boy and I love you so.


4 comments:

  1. Henry Boy is such a cutie cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! And I can totally have Hailey teach him that grizzly growl; she's got that one down! haha. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable, and looks so happy and healthy! And I love the way you write about your kids! You have these little analogies that totally crack me up.

    ReplyDelete