Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday



This year's Easter celebration was my favorite. I think the more kids I have and as they get older, the more special the holidays will become. And this year's was definitely special!
During Sacrament meeting a sweet mother bore her testimony of how grateful she was for the Atonement, and every word she spoke felt like it was coming straight from my heart.
Because of the Atonement, my sweet babies will be resurrected. And because of the Atonement my sweet babies can live forever with God. This Easter holiday really put into perspective just how important it is that I raise my family in righteousness so we can be together forever. And there is absolutely nothing in this world that I want more, than to be with my family forever.


As soon as we got home from church, the search was on! Annabelle pretty much looked all over the house for her Easter basket, and in the meantime kept walking right past it. She eventually stumbled upon Henry's and was so thrilled to show him everything he got. She's like his mini-mommy, and he l-o-v-e-s it! (He has a major crush on her!) 
With a little help from daddy she finally found hers, and was just beside herself! Watching her face light up was all I needed for the rest of the day. I am loving the age she is at!


These kids make my life so beautiful! And though it's hard at times, I wouldn't change being their mom for anything. I want to kiss them all day long. I just adore them!


Later that afternoon we had a huge Easter egg hunt with all the Van Wagoner cousins. And when I say huge, I mean massive. She got more candy on Easter, than she did on Halloween. Hello!!
Annabelle couldn't wait to bust through that gate and gather up all the eggs she could find. As soon as she found one, she'd sit down, open it up, and eat everything inside. She soon learned she needed to be quicker than that, if she wanted to find more than one egg though :) 
And she definitely found more than one egg. 
No complaints here -- chocolate is a best friend in our home :)


We enjoyed a beautiful Easter this year.
And having these sweet babies made it all the more special!



3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! That looks like such a fun egg hunt for the kids. And darling baskets too. The truly dedicated EB must live in your area. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable post! Looks like your Easter was perfect! Was Annabelle's Easter basket hidden beneath your new table like in the picture? That is so cute and funny that she kept walking past it! haha

    Your kids are just too too cute! Glad you could have such a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh!! I love absolutely everything about this post! I love you and your beautiful babies! You're such a good mom! It was a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete