Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Father's Love


Marie and Will went on their 7-year anniversary date last Monday night, so Ashley and I watched the kids. We were more than happy to babysit so they could have a night out! They decided to go to IKEA, dinner, and a movie! Perfect. They were really gonna take their time :)
When midnight rolled around, I decided to call them before we went to bed - just to make sure they were ok. Marie answered the phone after 2 rings: "HEY EMMA! WE'RE IN A MOVIE. BE HOME IN AN HOUR." Wow. They must be the only ones in that theater. "Ok, just making sure you're still ok! Enjoy your movie", and I went to bed.
The next morning I was in the kitchen talking to Marie about their date... turns out they didn't get home til 1:30am!! ((PARTY ANIMALS))
I turn around to go back upstairs and who's standing in front of me?
LAUREN AND COLE
At first I thought: "Aw, they're so cute!", and then it really hit me. "You're here? YOU'RE HERE! Oh my gosh, I'm just so happy. I can't believe it. I'm just so happy!" I probably hugged them 3 times in a row, between huge sobs of happiness. I tear up now, just writing about it.
Earlier that week I had been texting her about how much I wished she could be here with us. And there she was! It was seriously one of my happiest moments. I love my sister Lauren so so much!
Marie and Will probably can be party animals, but that night they'd been out so late waiting at the airport for Lauren's plane to land (which had been rerouted twice because of the tornadoes in Missouri)
As soon as my dad heard I was heading to Seattle, he bought Lauren a plane ticket so us sisters could be together!
No words can describe how grateful I am for such a loving father.
I love you, dad! Thank you.



I love my sisters, and can't wait til Christmas when all of us sisters can be together. We missed you, Lissie!

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post!! there's nothing the love of a father for his daughter(s) :) Glad you had such a wonderful time! Those photos you guys are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is so precious Emma! I love you too! I love all my sisters and I'm so glad that I was able to come visit. THANKS DAD!!! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo my goodness! I love this! Your dad is wonderful. :) I love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i love those pictures!!! u two are the epitomy of what sisters should be like!! love it!! and what a sweet dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so glad you got this down. Such happy memories. And yes, thank you, Dad! You are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS> Yes, Lissie! We missed you like crazy! Everytime I look at the sisters pictures I'm like "Humph. We're missing Lis." :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad it worked out for you to get together with your babies again, and that you're all home safely now. I think you have the best dad too -- He loves it when you can have some sister time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful photo. You girls are so gorgeous! I LOVE surprises! Emma, I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete