Monday, February 10, 2014

Independence Day 2013



I ran my first 5K the morning of July 4th //with my SIL's and MIL// and it was seriously so fun. 
Sidenote: Right before the race I remember feeling a little crampy and thinking I might start my period, which would've been really bad timing. Found out later that week that what I thought was minor cramping was in fact a tiny little surprise baby in my belly. (Ahh!) 
Back to that day: Jake had been out of town and flew in a couple hours after my race, so picking him up was definitely our biggest highlight. We miss him so much when he's gone.
After grabbing Jake we decided we deserved some serious carbs for lunch (three miles is FAR!!) and ate at Brickoven. Again, I just felt sick through the whole thing, but it was still really good.
A couple naps later and we set up camp on our front lawn to watched the firework show. It was wonderful.
Except when our rowdy bachelor neighbors across the street thought it'd be fun to shoot a firework right near my baby girl. I remember seeing it get really close to her, jumping up and grabbing her and running. I was SO angry with those boys. I don't yell often, but I really wanted to yell then. I didn't. But I should have. Idiots.
I then went inside and bawled my eyes out. Haha. It really freaked me out. I actually get choked up thinking about it now... Moving on. 
Had I known I was pregnant with our 3rd that day, I'm sure all of my emotions/feeling sick would have made more sense. Now I'm 35 weeks pregnant and very excited to welcome this new baby!! And really, we had a great Independence Day with Jake's family. 
I haven't run a mile since that 5K (eek!), but I am very excited to get back to it this spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment