Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Halloween Cousin Party



About a week before Halloween the Ashley's and I decided to throw the little cousins a Halloween party. We also invited some of the Hermann's cousins, because we love them too. 
We found lots of cute ideas for the snacks like witch's broomsticks and banana ghosts. Ashley Thay made yummy pumpkin rice crispies and I brought the monster mouth peanut butter apples. And to drink we had mummified juice boxes. It was pretty cute :) We also let the kiddies decorate sugar cookies at the end, which basically turned into a sprinkle fest. (I don't have pictures, but just imagine Ashley's house being destroyed by sugar! Sorry, Ash!!)
The kids ran around like crazies for a good two hours and snacked on way too much sugar. We didn't play any organized games, which is probably a good thing. They were entertained enough just wearing costumes. We had Tinkerbell and Peter Pan, an Iron Man and Zebra, Dorothy and Glinda, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Everyone looked adorable. While the kids played, the moms chowed down on some guac and chips. Ashley Kay also brought an amazing tea drink call "Wassail" -- it was a m a z i n g! Reminded me of Germany's Kinder Gluehwein.
Before we headed home I snapped a couple pictures of Tinkerbell and Dorothy. They were definitely hyped on sugar and I'm so happy I caught their crazy two year selves on camera. I love how crazy those two can be together.


^^^Probably my all-time favorite picture of them. They are seriously so crazy together!!


2 comments:

  1. ohh I love this! The cutest tinkerbell and peter pan ever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are so fun! And those monster peanut butter apples . . . so interesting!

    ReplyDelete